Helpful Competition Information
The Silver Pen Writing Competition is sponsored by Senior Living Communities and Wellmore. The competition will be hosted at twelve (12) participating locations this year. To find out if you are eligible to apply, Click here.
Silver Pen is a unique opportunity to bridge the communication gap between younger and older generations. The essays will be adjudicated by our members at the community with four ranked winners ultimately chosen. Note: The number of finalists will be dependent on the total number of applicants.
Rules for applying:
- Essay must be the contestant’s original work.
- Contestants may enter only one time.
- 600-1000 word essay, typed and double spaced. Cover page, title and footnotes do not contribute to the word count. (Note: Please only include your name on cover page of essay)
- Quotations may be used sparingly and sources must be clearly cited.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Submit one (1) essay on the community selected topic.
- Include one (1) school transcript. (This does not have to be official. A photocopy will work)
Applications without any of the items above will be considered incomplete and disqualified. Many students choose to submit their resume instead of filling out the application form. If your school has a policy about not releasing transcripts, they can be emailed to Meghan Ruona at MRuona@Maxwell-Group.com. If you have any questions that are not answered in the FAQs page, you can email Meghan directly.