2017- 18 Essay Topics
To find your topic, click the (+) next to the community for which you are applying. You can only apply for one location.
What are your measures of success in your life? Compare your measures of success with your parents and grandparents?
If a teacher gave you the opportunity to vote on a new subject to be taught for the rest of the school year, what would be your choice for the subject. Support your choice and persuade your classmates to vote for it.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What do you see yourself doing at that time? Please elaborate in your response.
Compare and contrast the influence of technology in your life versus the role of human interaction and mentoring your life. Which had the most influence on your personal life goals? How and why?
There is conflicting evidence about the effects of social media on America’s youth. It can both help and harm their feelings of self-worth and acceptance. Social Media is compelling for its ability to broaden one’s social circle beyond their family and its ability to sharpen and stretch one’s mind. How has social media influenced your life? Do you and your friends spend too much time on social media?
Write about someone (or ones), other than your parents or relatives, who have had a tremendous influence for good on your life. In what ways have these people influenced your goals for your life?
What would you want people to know about your hometown?
- How did your hometown help shape you as a person?
- Is there anything you would change about your hometown?
Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- If so, what grade would this begin?
- What would the teachers be graded on and how would it be measured?
- Would this influence their pay or Supervisor evaluation at the end of the year?
As a senior in high school, you have always had access to the internet, cell phones, and social media. How would your daily life be different without these technologies? How is your life better because of them?
If you were in charge of the world and could make one change, what would it be and why? What type of impact do you think that change would have?
As a senior in high school, access to the internet, cellphones, and social media has always been available to you. Imagine yourself in your grandparent’s and great grandparent’s shoes. What did they use before these modern-day advances?
- Have they embraced technological advancements?
- How would your daily lives be different without these technologies that we rely so heavily on now? What are the positive and negative impacts of these technologies?
Does money influence your education and career goals?
- If money was no object, would it change your educational and career future plans?
- If your plans would change, what would you pursue and why?
- If your future plans would not change, what do you plan to pursue and what drives your commitment that specific career?